The HealthyIoT 2018 Organizing Committee invites submissions from individuals or groups to conduct Special Interest Workshops.
HealthyIoT 2018 will feature a series of half and full-day workshops. The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize current topics related to scientific and technical topics covered by the conference. Nevertheless, workshops should highlight emerging topics not specifically covered in the main conference, as well as to discuss work in progress and explore opportunities for new research related to Internet of Things in Healthcare.
Workshop registration, venue, as well as proceedings will be handled as part of the main conference by the HealthyIoT organizers.
The purpose of workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum and to encourage in-depth discussion of various technical and application issues. All topics relevant to the application of kind of approaches merging Internet of Things to Healthcare are welcomed, specifically with respect to training sessions that will deliver tools and technical skills in sensor and health monitoring and/or therapeutics systems, signal processing and analysis, artificial intelligence, emerging applications, cloud technologies, telemedicine applications, wellness and health management applications, security, safety and privacy in eHealth and IoT, interoperability and standardization network communications, among others. Workshop proposals that incorporate a variety of instructional approaches (e.g. lecture, interactive discussion, hands-on exercises) and materials (e.g. slides, handouts, sample data) are strongly encouraged.
Proposals should be submitted by email to workshop chair by August 11, 2018. The candidate workshop organizers will be notified of the decision by August 14, 2018.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in a maximum four-pages PDF format, single spaced (not including biographical sketches) and include the following information:
- Proposed title and organizers (names, affiliations, email, identify one primary contact person).
- Description of workshop: objectives (at least 3), goals, and expected outcomes.
- Statement regarding how the workshop can benefit HealthyIoT attendees/community.
- Description of target audience and estimated number of participants (minimum and maximum).
- Proposed workshop duration (half-day or full-day), format, activities, and schedule
- Any special space or equipment requests.
- Short biographical sketch for each presenter, describing relevant experience and qualifications (not included in page limit).
- Proposal submission: August 11, 2018
- Notification of proposal acceptance: August 14, 2018
Proposals will be peer-reviewed and rated using the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference vision/topics and attendees
- Potential to bring in participants to the conference from different audiences
- Overall quality of contribution
- Provides a hands-on, collaborative, and/or active learning environment for attendees
Workshop proposals will be peer-reviewed by the Organizing committee and TPC members based on the criteria described above. We aim to select a diverse set of workshops and avoid having multiple workshops on overlapping themes.
The workshop fees will be determined by the Organizing Committee in coordination with EAI.. Workshop space is limited. It is possible that not all proposals can be accommodated.
For any questions, please contact the workshop chair, Pedro Dinis Gaspar, via [email protected]